Beyond the tipping point – 9 out of 10 business leaders agree AI is critical for success
SAP recently released the results of a survey of 2500 C-Level executives conducted in in Australia, France, Germany, United Kingdom and the United States. According to these results, automation seems to be not only gaining traction, but rather is the main means to a successful future for a lot of leading-edge organizations.
To quote the press release, the business leaders from the surveyed area are convinced that “AI is critical for their companies’ survival over the next five years”. The study illustrates the fact that automation stepped out from the trend/emerging area into becoming essential, thus the concerned market evolved beyond the tipping point.
You may consult the original press release here.
Meanwhile, we replay a few key takeaways for you:
– AI implementation during the next year is specific for 6 out of 10 of the study’s subjects
– Serious AI investments (“between US$500,000 and $5 million”) are scheduled for the same time period
– SAP selected SAP S/4HANA Cloud as “the only product in the ERP market to give companies the breadth and depth of intelligence they need to leapfrog their competitors to stay on top of their game”
– The main features that support this matching between AI and SAP S/4 HANA Cloud would be:
• Hands-free, conversational user experience (by the use of the SAP CoPilot digital assistant)
• AI-powered automation (SAP S/4HANA Cloud is infused with intelligent, self-learning mechanisms)
• Next-generation business processes (by making use of AI and in-memory computing technology, both specific to SAP S/4 HANA Cloud)
We want to automate half of all ERP business processes within the next three years using AI-powered functionality
– Bernd Leukert, member of the Executive Board of SAP SE, Products & Innovation
What do you think of the business environment, as reflected in this study’s results? Do you feel part of the group of organizations that are ready to employ AI to ensure their future presence on the market? Have you already made the biggest steps, or are you just considering your options?